Keep fleas off me and Otie...
- Use a flea comb. A flea comb is the easiest, cheapest and most effective way of getting rid of fleas
- Use a special cat shampoo immediately and then every 7 days - (personally I hate baths)
- Use apple cider vinegar - they hate that stuff. Spray a 50/50 vinegar and water solution on their fur, before letting them outside to play
- Wash your bedding in hot water
- Use boric acid powder as a carpet, upholstery and floor flea-killer
- Apply monthly flea medication - mom likes Cheristin
Keep fleas out of the house...
- Keep your furry felines indoors. Fleas generally live and breed outdoors.
- Vacuum the floor and furniture.
- Fleas love dark places, so clean under furniture and in crevices.
- Fog your house - Some foggers are effective up to 7 months, long enough to kill all the life stages of a flea.
- Keep the yard clean.
Help for Mom (and dad) too...
- Wash the area first to keep infection from spreading
- Avoid scratching the bite, which is hard because they itch like crazy
- To make itching feel better use ice packs, aloe vera, witch hazel, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, tea tree oil, or used tea bags